Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hypnotism

Hypnotism
I was possessed by you.
No matter how hard my mind told me not to,
I kept thinking about your eyes on me.
You told me that you were the truth, but you lied
And I had to follow what I thought was right
In order to escape your chokehold.

I heard the guns go off
Into, and through the temples of men and women.
You were not dropping knowledge.
Instead, you made us consume
Money—on the floor, from your pockets,
Pick pockets, cycling back into your wallet.
We consumed your corporealation. We, your enterprise,
Consumed our selves by leaving each other behind.

You are not the truth, I kept telling myself
As you whispered behind my eyes,
Sleep! We belonged to your gravity
And molded into the seats that kept us from fully
Falling to our pieces.
Why must you keep us apart?
I tried to hold and coax the others to
Keep them safe in my being.
However, they would not listen.
They kept dancing and laughing
And playing. Guiltily, I laughed and played
To keep the show running.
Though, I did not dance to rejoice
A dream that was not mine
And had to let them go.

With eyes closed, I listened
In resistance to the chaos and madness
That surrounded me.
This silence was the loudest I could voice….
And then it all became silent.

We rekindled a voice
Greater
Than your hypnotism.

1 comment: