Thursday, May 28, 2009

walking backwards

normally, i walk home from campus. I have a route: pass uci extension, pass student health center and the police department, through verano place, up through the arc fields, across the backetball courts and up all the stairs.

today i tried walking backwards from home to campus. and though i have this path going one direction, it is a totally different direction going backwards.

even though i'm walking in life on something familiar, i have to start all over, create a new path for myself. even if somewhere in the past i had already created a path.

it's strange the cycle of paths, like routes of water that somehow all connect--ocean rivers lakes ponds rain ponds lakes rivers and back into the ocean.......

it's been tough walking backwards, scary actually
yet i need to trust that the flow of my body will lead me on a path that will get me to where i need to be...

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean... the path was set. I wish I had fallen and got lost along the way though... I think I am going!! It's pricey but I think it's worth it... Sooo many good bands and I didn't get to go to Coachella.

    ReplyDelete