Saturday, May 23, 2009

Warring Shame

I know shame like the shadow near my feet. It haunts, stretches, distorts, and sneaks up on me. There is a depthitude of worlds in which I traveled and never looked back. I ran out of there so fast.

Why would anyone want to be locked in the dark? Silent dark space. No sound, no wind, no smell, no touch, no taste, no you, nor me. We,

insignificant. It's terrifying running into the universe of fears. It's hard getting out. What kept me alive? This dream: white, green, orange, red, light, joy--colurs, flavors, life.

Life conquered the blackhole, where i'm from.

Where i'm from the black waters stole the souls of people. people who looked into their reflections and got dragged in by the Goddess of Death. They just couldn't let go. Yet how does one let go if all they know are their memories? What makes them who they are? Forget where you learned it from, it's in you now. The lines twists and bend into and outside of each other. Cross-eyed, and color blind, it's overwhelming, this war.

The noise of people trying to find each other is so loud that I go deaf. I hear a dead mute. Something in me died, tone deaf, losing my language, I can't hear differences. I just see people crying, running, screaming with mouths wide open, inaudible. No one can hear their voices trampled upon by men in green suits, black boots, jabbing with bayonets. Green, red, black, grey, dirt in the river. We all flowed into the river veins of mother and she cradled us until we found the open womb. Gapetto echoes in the night.

The sun doesn't set too far from the moon; we were born at the edge of a waterfall, rushing in like infection. White blood cells attacked, yelling Get out! You nasty germs pollute our blood with your genetic make-up. So we made ourselves up to disguise as them. But this shadow won't stop telling truth of who I am. I am the weathered skin of my feet. My soles cannot tell lies.

5 comments:

  1. i loved this. this really speaks to me but i haven't found a way to convey the feeling. "yet how does one let go if all they know are their memories?" seeeriously...

    & "this shadow won't stop telling the truth of who i am"-- ditto ditto ditto. but i'm troubled with coming to terms with which i like best: the shadow of me [compelled to get out and away] or the me i am now [out & 'free' but seemingly lacking passion]. oh, LIFE.

    <3 miss you & hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if I could could have articulated the first comment I would have... I feel the same way...

    How do you let go of the memories and separate the past from the present without looking into the future in wonderment and uncertainty?

    I guess the answer is faith... Thank you so much for this post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW... Snuggies are LEGITT!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooooo down!! That show looks so legit...

    ReplyDelete