Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good to see my folks

we were in my 2001 white corolla LE with grey seats on a grey cement driveway on a gloomy day. My mother was sitting next to me in the passenger seat. Chris was in a black SUV to my right, sitting in the passenger seat, talking to me through the window. His hair was cut short, domesticated. My father brought food to my mom, a bowl of white rice noodles with sesame seed sauce, a taiwanese dish. She offered it to me and I offered it to Chris. He shook his head no and put his head back down on the side panel door the way a sad dog does when he is waiting for something to come along. My dad came again and gave my mom another bowl of noodles. I was eating the first one up and stopped to offer Chris another bowl. Again, no. It was time to leave and it started to pour. We were going to drive to Irvine. My mother and Chris got out of the car first. Both Leos, initiators. However I got out of the car too assuming my dad would drive and my mom would sit next to my dad and my mom got into the back seat assuming Chris would take her place. My dad already knew where to go.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment