Wednesday, February 3, 2010

hoorah!

today i got my rejection email from UMD. at first it stung. not because i thought i was going to get into school, but the realization that grad school was my safety net all along and now that it's no longer an option for fall 2010, it's time to walk the talk.

no lie, spop interviews, reach, ava, and school are really taking a toll on me. i've got stamina but back to back to back to back is killer. i mean...NOW, i know tired. However, this email brought me back to the core of my believes. sometimes it takes a broken heart to be an open heart. so i was absorbing everything potential spop staffers were saying: live your life to the fullest, it takes one person to change your life, stay positive and learn from your mistakes, and etc.

these are all things i knew before but it's time to apply it to a real world framework...and it feels good to be free. seriously, freedom=my own time to do what i want to do...kinda like summer...but every day...though i'm sure graduates will tell me that it gets old fast. i'm pretty juiced to relax and read read read read read read read paint read....

so many doors...time to take a walk :]

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sweet Love,

    Things will be good. You know, I've been thinking about you lately. I think that's my womb equivalent to say that I need you more.

    You are busy busy. So maybe it may be a while but when I do see you it'll be good good. You know, keep positive. Shit clears up and in the end there is GOLD!

    <3 Grace Young

    PS: Hence poop nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sometimes it takes a broken heart to be an open heart."

    Love that. So true. Glad you can see the beauty in adversity and now you will hopefully still be nearby come Fall 2010 when I am still in Irvine! huuzzaahh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the part where you said "Sometimes it takes a broken heart to be an open heart."

    I really hope you can find some time to rest in all this hectic-ness. By the way, whenever you do have some free time let's get some lunch!

    ReplyDelete